Within the organisation, workplace assessors, trainers and HRD practitioners may play a significant role in facilitating the recognition of the skills of employees. In particular, they may:
- work in partnership with external training organisations to develop skills recognition processes and pathways
- establish accreditation arrangements with external agencies such as RTOs.
- arrange training courses that cover the range of accredited assessment practices and which meet the required standards
- assist in the training of other experts who can be called upon to verify a applicant’s performance
- assist in identifying learning pathways where Skills Recognition indicated that further evidence is required.